PROBLEM: You want to find the file of your desktop background.
- Right-click on desktop.
- Select PERSONALIZE.
- Click DESKTOP BACKGROUND link.
- Right-click the image.
- Select PROPERTIES.
- Highlight the information next to LOCATION.
- Open My Computer.
- Paste and ENTER.
- Document should be located at:
where Spielmadchen is replaced with your username.
NOTE: I am assuming everyone uses their C drive as their local disk. If not, then you are really smart and should be able to convert these instructions easily to find the file.
PROBLEM: Windows Activation has expired after 30 days.
SOLUTION: Expand activation to 120 days.
- Start --> All Programs --> Accessories.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and got to Run as Administrator. (You might need to know a password to go beyond this point.)
- You should default to the following folder: c:\Windows\system32\
- Type in slmgr -rearm
- Hit return.
NOTE: This is not a permanent solution. You will have to do this three times a year. Owning an illegal copy of Windows is breaking the law.
NOTE: You cannot do this after 3 times so you need to reset the count of the times you have done it.
- Start --> Type regedit in the open field.
- Do a search for SkipRearm.
- Change the value to 00000001.
- Repeat the steps above. It should accept it and then restart quickly afterwards.
PROBLEM: You receive a phone call and pause your music player. When your call is complete and you unpause, the volume has been decreased.
SOLUTION: Right click the speaker icon in the bottom right-hand corner and go to SOUNDS. Click on the COMMUNICATIONS tab. Select DO NOTHING and then click OK.
WHY: Skype is automatically decreasing the volume so you can hear your call. It does not recognize that you have paused your music.
PROBLEM: You are trying to use cmd prompt and you get the following error:
Error: 0xc004f025 access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges
- Go to Start --> All Programs --> Accessories.
- Right click on Command Prompt.
- Click on "Run as Administrator."
This will allow you to use cmd prompt fully.
WHY: Windows does this to protect several functions from idiots who don't know better and try to mess with things that result in their computer going kablooie.