PROBLEM: Windows Activation has expired after 30 days.
SOLUTION: Expand activation to 120 days.
- Start --> All Programs --> Accessories.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and got to Run as Administrator. (You might need to know a password to go beyond this point.)
- You should default to the following folder: c:\Windows\system32\
- Type in slmgr -rearm
- Hit return.
NOTE: This is not a permanent solution. You will have to do this three times a year. Owning an illegal copy of Windows is breaking the law.
NOTE: You cannot do this after 3 times so you need to reset the count of the times you have done it.
- Start --> Type regedit in the open field.
- Do a search for SkipRearm.
- Change the value to 00000001.
- Repeat the steps above. It should accept it and then restart quickly afterwards.